Design and use
Custom Frame topics
Learn how to using Mind Pad for designing and using Custom Frame topics.
Compare Contact represented in mind map and contact represented in Custom
Frame topic. If you have a complicated map with a lot of topics and
sub-topics, consider designing and using custom frame topics.
- Important notice:
Features and functions described on this page are for Mind Pad 2, the
latest version of Mind Pad was released as a
new major update (actually completely new project), so information on
this page will be relevant only to Mind Pad 2, which is available for
download, but is not supported.
Why use custom frame topics
- Make your map look compact;
- Use graphics for topic;
- Make information management effective;
With Mind Pad Custom Frame topics:
you have a complicated map with a lot of topics and sub-topics, consider
designing and using custom frame topics. You will be able to replace
some branches with a single custom designed object.
- Use ready to use custom designed objects. Mind Pad already has Contact
custom designed object. For task of comparative analysis we designed a
- Make information more visual. Make information about your
objects more visual;
|Compare how you can represent
information about contact in simple mind map software and in Mind
|Mind Mapping in Mind Pad
||Custom Object in Mind
- Mind mapping is great, but the map with a lot of contact will
- You need to think about object's properties instead of filling
them with valuable information;
- Mind Pad shows primary properties for contact object;
- You can use any people - picture from Image Library to assign
to the topic;
Using custom object
- First select custom object in Mind Pad object menu.
- Now double click on Mind Pad workspace. The object of this type will
- Now you can: link it with others,
change frame icon.
double clicking on topic, you'll be able to change it's main property
(for contact object - it's "Full Name"). If you like to change
other properties then find them in the Properties toolbar.
Design custom object with Model Editor
Run Model Editor
- Run Mind Pad Editor. Select "Mind Pad Editor" in Start >
Programs > Mind Pad.
"Frame classes" in Model Tree and right click on "Frame
classes" option. Select "Add Frame Class..." command.
- Follow "Create Frame Class" wizard and put the name of new
- Select created class. .
Now you can design new properties.
- Select just created object in Model Tree.
- See the frame properties. You can change custom object icon, describe
new object in Description field.
- Click "..." button to start designing new attributes of
- Click "Add" button to add new attribute to the object.
- Let's create "Ideas" property to support idea catching
- Note: it's "Type" is string (meaning text).
- Also, we put some text in "Category" and
- Click "OK" to finish adding properties to the frame.
- Click "Save configuration"
button to install this new object.
- Now see "Using Custom Object" chapter above to add created
object to your map.
Evaluate Mind Pad
You can download fully-function 30-days evaluation
version of Mind Pad: http://www.mind-pad.com/download.htm
Please, visit ordering
page for more information about pricing and ordering.
let us know what you think about this article:
Copyright © 2000-2017
AKS-Labs. All rights reserved.